Last Updated on August 16, 2021 by Ellen
In the world of web hosting, there are two major players: Liquid Web Hosting and Nexcess. These two companies offer different services and have different pricing structures. The goal of this post is to help you make an informed decision about which company to go with.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Liquid Web Hosting Versus Nexcess
Finding the perfect company to host your site can seem like an impossible task, but don’t worry – I’ve got you covered! Below are some important considerations before signing up:
Use the checklist below before selecting any company
- How much bandwidth is included in their packages?
- How much space is included in their packages?
- What types of applications are allowed on your server?
- Do they provide any storage options for you to store backups or archiving data?
- What kind of control panels do they offer? (cPanel, Plesk, etc.)
- What kind of support do they offer? (email, phone, ticketing system)
- Do they provide any type of guarantees or warranties? (money-back guarantee? Server/hardware warranties?)
- How much do their packages typically cost?
- What kind of payment options do they accept?
Once you have a basic understanding of every hosting provider’s packages, it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty. What are the most important factors that separate one host from another? In our experience, these criteria will help you pick out the best web hosting company:
What makes the best host?
Service and Reliability: Hosting companies offer a wide variety of services, from WordPress hosting to VPS’s. Some are better than others when it comes to providing the best service possible. You should always check out reviews before signing up with any hosting company as well – this can help you get a feel for how good their service is.
- Both Liquid Web Hosting and Nexcess get top-notch reviews everywhere I have checked.
Technical Support: This is often overlooked by many people looking for a host. But you need to make sure their technical support team is up to par and quick. Often times if there’s an issue with your site, you need fast Internet hosting services that can help solve it. Remember to check their phone and email support as well as how the representatives communicate with you during your interaction. Also, check out reviews for technical support – this will give you a better idea of what type of service they’re providing overall.
- Nexcess and Liquid Web Hosting both have 24/7/365 human tech support. No worries there with either of them.
Price and Performance
Performance: This is where things get a little tricky, as each hosting provider has its own system set up. It’s important that you check out reviews and benchmarks to find the best one for your needs. This is especially true when it comes to WordPress hosting – some hosts are faster than others when it comes to loading times after installing WordPress.
- Liquid Web offers fully managed cloud and web services. It has dedicated servers and VPS servers with root access. It’s the next step when you are ready to scale up your business.
- Nexcess offers fully managed hosting for WordPress, WooCommerce, and Magento. It’s scalable and always ready for volume spikes.
Price: Price isn’t everything when it comes to web hosting. You usually get what you pay for, and with some of the cheaper options you’ll end up getting slower speeds or less reliability than you’re looking for. But if money is tight, it might be the right choice. It’s important to consider all your other requirements before choosing any host.
- Liquid Web Hosting offers managed WordPress starting at $15/month.
- Nexcess offers managed WordPress starting at $9.50/month.
Liquid Web Versus Nexcess Hosting Comparison
Check out the infographic for a great explanation on the differences between the two.
What’s in the package: Different hosts offer different features, such as money-back guarantees or free domain registration. It’s important that you take a look at all of these so you don’t miss anything important to your needs.
- Call and chat with either hosting to find out exactly what they have and what you need.
Can I transfer my website from another host? Sometimes switching hosts can be confusing, especially if you’re moving to a new domain. Make sure that the host you choose has a transfer pack available or else you’ll have to do everything manually – which can be time-consuming and frustrating!
- Liquid Web Hosting offers White Glove Migrations from your old host.
- Free WordPress site migration is included with every Nexcess plan.
What kind of support do they offer? Different hosts have different types of support – does yours offer email, phone, or ticketing support?
- Call or chat with a human 24/7/365 with either host.
What about their other services? You may be looking for something specific, such as VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Make sure you find out if they offer it before signing up!
- Check out Liquid Web or Nexcess for more information about what they offer and to get started today.
All these factors can help you pick the right host for your needs – so make sure to check them all
Professional blogger and social media addict. Sharing what’s worked for me in my fourteen years of blogging. Tips and tricks for the non-technical blogger. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat