Last Updated on
Posts may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you looking for a free program for small business accounting? My least favorite part of owning my own small business is accounting. I like earning the money and spending the money but when it comes to keeping track of income, expenses and taxes, I’m less than overjoyed. While I do have an accountant that takes care of income taxes, I still need to be able to submit my income and expenses to her in an organized manner.
Free Program for Small Business Accounting
Some small business owners have more or less things to keep track of. If you have inventory you purchase or employees you pay, your needs will be different than mine. I need to keep track of who owes me what money and what I’m spending each month.
I don’t like spending money on things when there are free options that work well. These programs will take care of your basic needs. Some of them have the option to upgrade to a paid version if you want to.
- Spreadsheet – When I first started blogging, I used a spreadsheet to keep track of my finances. Google has a free spreadsheet option that worked wonderfully for me for years.
- Manager – My father uses this to keep track of his business income and swears by it. I found it a tad confusing because it has so many features that I don’t need. If you want something that can keep track of things like stock, inventory, sales tax, and fixed assets, this is it.
- GnuCash – GnuCash can be used for small business or personal accounting. It offers functionality for things like stocks and bonds and foreign currency. If you have an Android phone, you’ll be happy to learn there’s an app for Android.
- Outright – This is a cloud-based option you can access anywhere unlike a program you need to download to your computer. The basic plan is free but rather limited. Depending on your needs you may want to go with the paid version.
- WaveApps – WaveApps is the program I use. It allows me to keep track of expenses, create invoices, pay employees and more. It’s meant for the true small business – 9 employees or less.
Depending on your needs, you’ll find a free program for small business accounting that works for you.
For more finance-related topics visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- Financing Your Blog: What to Pay For and What to Do Yourself by Pretty Opinionated
- Tracking Your Blog’s Finances by Biannual Blogathon Bash
- Stop the CHAOS | Gain Control Over Finances by Day by Day in Our World
Professional blogger and social media addict. Sharing what’s worked for me in my seven years of blogging. Tips and tricks for the non-technical blogger. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat