Last Updated on September 13, 2020 by Ellen
Improve Shopify conversion rate with high converting traffic. Learn what you need to know to improve your website conversion rate today.
Posts may be sponsored. This post contains affiliate links, which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
One of the main reasons that people have websites is to earn money. And, I’ve written before about how to make money with content locking and how to attract customers to your website.
Improve Shopify Conversion Rate
These tips about improving your conversation rate will work for your WordPress blog or another type of e-commerce site. The key is to get the reader that arrives on your site to convert into a customer.
Just imagine how much more you would earn if each person that landed on one of your pages actually made a purchase or signed up for your newsletter? But, getting high converting traffic is a challenge for most people.
How can I improve my conversion rate?
There are many things that go into being able to improve your Shopify conversion rate. But, here are just a few things that you will need to take care of first.
- Be sure that your site is mobile friendly. A majority of traffic for most people comes from people on mobile devices.
- Improve your site performance and speed. No one wants to wait around while your site loads.
- Use high-quality images and content. If the quality of your content is horrible, your customers won’t even get to the point where you offer a product.
- Offer a valuable discount or offer that your readers really want.
What types of offers convert?
Of course, you probably need to entice your customer to purchase. Creating an offer like free shipping or a discount on their purchase can often help.
How to increase checkout conversion
But, how do you get your readers to actually buy your product or service? The key is to get them invested in the process.
Have you ever heard of the Zeigarnik effect? To put it simply, it’s a psychological phenomenon that shows that people are more likely to finish the processes they’ve started.
So, what does that mean?
Have you ever visited a store that used a popup to ask you questions? After you answer the first one or two, you are more likely to continue to the end to find out what it’s all about.
That’s the Zeigarnik effect. But, you need a multi-step popup form to do that. Here are the steps your readers can do:
- Click a link or button on your popup.
- Have them follow your call to action (like sign up for my email).
- Display a thank you message or a special discount code.
So, the first thing you need to do is to get a plugin that allows you to create a multi-step popup form. OptinMonster is the perfect solution. Here’s how to start.
- Download the plugin (right here) and activate it on your site.
- In your OptinMonster dashboard, create a campaign.
- Select the popup campaign and then the template you like.
- There are lots of different customizations you can choose from. But, this tutorial tells you exactly what you need to do.
- Next, you will create a special Monster Link that creates a popup when your reader clicks on a link.
- Just click on display rules and then copy the special code.
- Just add that embed code anywhere you like to activate your multi-step popup form.
Watch the video for an easy step by step look. And get started today.
Professional blogger and social media addict. Sharing what’s worked for me in my fourteen years of blogging. Tips and tricks for the non-technical blogger. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat