As a blogger, having my post shared is one of the best ways for my readers to thank me for writing. I love it when I see that others have taken the time to share a post I wrote. It validates the reason I write - for my readers - not for myself. I've seen a few people wonder how to share through Twitter using Stumbleupon so I thought I would explain.
This post may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
How to Share Through Twitter Using Stumbleupon
Stumbleupon can be a great source of traffic. For those of us that monetize our blog posts, traffic is important. I'll walk you through how to share through Twitter using the Stumbleupon button.
- Make sure that you are logged into both Stumbleupon and Twitter on your computer. This tutorial will work on the Chrome browser since that's the one I'm familiar with.
- From the blog page, use the Stumbleupon button to discover the post. Make sure that you check a category so that Stumbleupon knows what the post is about.
- Once that is done, go to Stumbleupon.
- In the upper right-hand corner, you will see your Stumbleupon profile name with a drop down arrow. Click on it.
- Click where it says "My Profile" and go to your profile. From there, you will see all of the posts that you have thumbs upped.
- Click on the share icon (first icon on the left) and that will give you the option to share to Facebook, Twitter, Email or send to a person via Stumbleupon. Click on Twitter.
- That will open up the Twitter share box and allow you to tweet the blog post.
That's all there is to it. It just takes a second to switch over to the Stumbleupon page and share the post you just thumbs upped. This is a great way to get a few extra eyes on the post that you just discovered. Or, to simply thank the blogger for writing a post that you enjoyed.
If you have any questions about how this works, just let me know as a comment below.