People ask me all the time how I manage to do as much as I do. I generally answer with “lots of coffee” but to be honest it’s really simply by using various blogger hacks and tricks to save time. We all only have 24 hours in our day. By using a few tricks we can make it look like we have more.
This post may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
Blogger Hacks and Tricks to Save Time
One of my very favorite time savers is using IFTTT which stands for If Then, Then That. It’s a tool that lets you create recipes that trigger an action when another action happens. For example, I have one that posts all my Instagram pictures to my Tumblr page. I also have one that posts every blog post – on all my blogs – to my Tumblr page. It’s automatic. I don’t have to do anything at all for it to happen.
So, how do you use IFTT?
- Sign up. It’s free.
- Click Browse at the top to look at all the choices.
People use IFTTT for many different reasons both for blogging and life. I could spend hours on there checking out my options. Did you know you can have your phone welcome you home every time you return home? Or that you can mute your ringer at bed time? Or how about tracking your sleep with a Google spreadsheet? The possibilities are endless.
You can create your own recipes or you can simply copy those that others have already created which is what I do because it’s quicker. Here are a few blogger hacks and tricks I use on IFTTT to save time. Feel free to copy mine to use them.
- Post Instagram Photo to FB fan page. When I post an photo to Instagram and tag it with a certain hashtag, it is posted automatically to my blog FB page.
- Post your blog posts to your LinkedIn account. Each time a new post hits my Feedburner feed, it is also sent to my LinkedIn account.
- Post your blog posts to your Tumblr account. Each time a new post hits my Feedburner feed, it is also sent to my Tumblr account.
- Thank for following. You can send a direct message to thank new followers on Twitter.
IFTTT works with a variety of sites and apps like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Gmail, Hue, etsy, Tumblr, Fitbit, Vimeo, bit.ly, etc. The more connected your home and your life are, the more options you have.
For more time saving tricks, visit a few of my favorite blogs:
- 6 iPad Apps that Actually Make Blogging Easier by Pretty Opinionated
- 5 Time Saving Tips for Bloggers by Biannual Blogathon
- Save time on Social Media with Facebook Interest Lists by Mom on the Side
- Warning; Wasted Time Is Wasted Money by I’m Dreaming Big
- 5 Tips on How to Save Time for the Busy Mom by Day by Day in Our World
Professional blogger and social media addict. Sharing what’s worked for me in my seven years of blogging. Tips and tricks for the non-technical blogger. If you’d like to work together, email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat