Everyone says that you should sell some sort of product to have multiple income streams. While I’ve experimented a bit, I haven’t found something that’s an incredible fit quite yet. Through the process, I have learned how to sell an eBook on your blog quickly. I won’t get rich with it, but it’s out there.
This post may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links. I may be compensated if you make a purchase using my link.
How to Sell an eBook on Your Blog Easily
I have been using a service called Selz to sell a PLR (private label rights) ebook about fashion on The Socialite’s Closet. Unlike things like setting up shopping carts, etc. I have found the process of using Selz to be very simple.
- You need to find an eBook to sell. You can either write your own, or you can purchase one. I have used Seymour Products a few times, but there are many available. Just make sure it gives you the right to resell it.
- Create an account on Selz. It’s free to create and gives you the basic options. If you want extras, you’ll want to sign up for their Pro, which costs money.
- Upload your eBook to Selz and fill in the description, price, etc. What makes Selz unique is that the transaction takes place on their site, not yours.
- Embed the widget on your blog. After you fill out the necessary information, Selz will create a widget you can put in your sidebar. Embed that widget. When someone clicks on it, they will be directed to your “store” on Selz where they can complete the purchase. Selz will arrange for delivery of the eBook.
There are a few limitations. To be paid on Selz, you need to add your banking information. They will direct deposit the money into your account once a week. If you want to allow your customers to pay via Paypal, you need to get the app, and that is $4.99 a month. It’s not worth it to me at this point because I am not selling enough eBooks. I may at some time in the future. You can allow payments via a credit card without paying an extra monthly fee. They charge a 2% transaction fee for each order and if you receive payment via credit card, 2.9% + 30¢ per order.
To give you a basic idea, my eBook is $1.99. I pay about .04c as a transaction fee for each book sold along with a .33c payment fee. That means I make about $1.62 for each eBook sold.
Selz does allow you to have as many eBooks for sale as you want, so you aren’t limited in that way. Selz enables you to sell a variety of digital downloads. It’s my understanding that there is also a plugin for WordPress, but I haven’t tried that. The widget was very easy to use.
If you want to experiment with selling an eBook on your site without an enormous investment of time and money, Selz is the way to go.
For more posts on sales and selling, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Sell an eBook on Your Blog Easily by Ellen Blogs
- How to Get More Sponsored Posts by Biannual Blogathon Bash
- What is Affiliate Marketing and Will I Actually Make Money by Day by Day in Our World
- 5 Ways to Earn More Affiliate Income by Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Blogging for Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Pretty Opinionated
- Sell Yourself on Yourself by Mama Knows It All
Professional blogger and social media addict. Sharing what’s worked for me in my seven years of blogging. Tips and tricks for the non-technical blogger. If you’d like to work together, email email@example.com to chat